"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information about a person, such as name, address, email address, birth date and gender, and includes Financial Information.
"Financial Information" denotes personally identifiable information pertaining to a person/family's finances, including, but not limited to, credit card numbers, assets, financial history, and income.
Camp Wabikon collects Personal Information through a variety of means, including:
- Camper applications and registration forms,
- Staff applications and employment contracts,
- Our website (currently www.wabikon.com)
- Telephone and e-mail communications.
- Other contact points with alumni, staff, campers and their parents.
Camp Wabikon uses Personal Information (as applicable) for the following purposes:
- To provide you (or a minor in your custody, in the case of parents/legal guardians of campers) with the goods, services and programs that you have requested from us (together, the "Requested Services") and to communicate with you/the child in respect of the Requested Services (including, for example, invoicing or to provide information about departures);
- Unless you request otherwise, to provide you with Camp-related information and marketing materials that may be of interest to you including, for example, notices of reunions, events and/or other camp-related initiatives;
- To satisfy other reasonable, legitimate business interests (such as collecting outstanding debts).
Camp Wabikon will only disclose your Personal Information (or that of a minor in your custody) to third parties and/or affiliates:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to do so for one or more specified purposes;
- Who are acting on our behalf as agents, suppliers or service providers and are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, Camp Wabikon will strictly limit any disclosure of Financial Information pursuant to this subsection (b) to those circumstances where it is necessary to process payment, or to permit the assessment of one of more camper or staff applications and/or applications for financial assistance;
- As part of a corporate reorganization, merger, sale or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all or substantially all of Camp Wabikon's assets. Personal Information will be among the business assets transferred in these circumstances; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any Camp Wabikon policies, and/or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
48 Delhi Ave. Toronto, ON
Or contact us online here.
Notification of Changes
If at any point we wish to use your Personal Information (or that of your child) in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by one of the means listed above and give you the opportunity to indicate whether you consent to the proposed use.